Odyssey Key Chain
Designed from the ground up, introducing the Odyssey Key Chain.
1. Oversize pins: Traditional chain pins are 3mm in diameter. The Key Chain's are 5mm. These oversized pins are 4-times stronger than traditional pins, and the chances of bending one are essentially zero. The 5mm riveted pins provide added strength, but they also provide a bigger contact surface with the chain's plates, which makes them harder to push out or bend.
2. Thicker, lower profile side plates: Each plate has a low profile and an extra narrow waist that makes it harder to catch the plates at unwanted times. At 1.4mm, the plates are substantially thicker than the plates of any other chain, and they're also more than 50% harder to bend than the thickest existing 1.2mm chain plates.
3. Unique master and half links with threaded pins: Users can break and re-join the chain with just a 3mm hex key. The chain's half link plates are taller at the bends to both increase stiffness and minimize stretch. Since the use of a chain breaker to re-join the chain has been eliminated, the pins can retain their original level of tightness from the factory.
4. Low overall weight: By using material as efficiently as possible, Odyssey has strengthened every component of the chain and kept the weight in the same range as their Bluebird chain.
5. Low stretch: Stretching of the chain is minimized by using a standard alternating plate pattern and limiting the chain to a single, beefed up half link. This configuration maximizes the lifespan of the sprocket and driver.